Tuesday Workout 9.9.14// 100% Attendance!!
Three Rounds// 30 sec each station: A. Hand Stand B. L-Sit Parallettes C. High Plank on Rings
20 Minutes AMRAP
8 Sumo DL High Pull 95/65
5 Knees to Elbow
25 double-unders (3:1 scale)
Rest 1:00 (mandatory rest period)
On Monday, we had all of our athletes work out throughout the day// a common occurrence at every CrossFit. Maybe not as common once numbers rise, but Our 100% success rate yesterday probably happened in no less than 1,000 of the 10,000+ Affiliates. Which brings me to discuss the volume that we prescribe at Harvest CrossFit.
We prescribe 5 or 6 days a week. Yes even for beginners.
Your lymphatic system works through movement or compression so getting back to the gym is important even for recovery.
1. Eat Meats and Veggies, Nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch, no sugar
2. Do constantly varied high intensity functional movements 5 or 6 days a week!
3. Listen to your body// discomfort and soreness are great diagnostic tools. Tell your coach what's up. "My left knee hurts." "My hip flexor feels tight when I squat." We'll mobilize the area!
4. Stay away from ibuprofen and icing. How do we know where to mobilize if you can't feel the trouble spots?
5. Strive for virtuosity of movement. Learn efficient movement patters and stable positions.
6. We want to see you here as much as possible, but if life happens and you can't make it in, don't be a turd to your friends and family because you didn't get your workout in// ouch learned this one from experience.//